The overall objective of the Outreach working group is to collectively identify and investigate ways of developing and extending marketing and communication arrangements within the AquaRT in collaboration with interested sub-sector stakeholders.
- To link farmers to the markets and other actors along the value chain
- Support provision of accessible & affordable services for marketing along the value chain
- Support development of extension documents and guideline (training manuals for farmers and trainer, posters etc.)
- Enhance knowledge sharing by creating a market information database for use by members of the AquaRT
- Promote a transparent and objective pricing mechanism for fish and fish products along the value chain that will be acceptable and trusted by relevant stakeholders.
- Assess the range of market opportunities available to farmers
- Propose market improvements in order to provide the most efficient and beneficial market for fish farmers
- Advise members on available trade opportunities, trade fairs and missions.
The EWG will specifically also work on the following subjects:
- Trainings on marketing, production, group dynamics, processing, value addition, etc.
- Development of knowledge/dissemination mechanism
- Development of viable business models for the sector
- Field trips/exchange visits
- Demonstrations centre/role model (fish farmer)
- Farmer field schools/incubation
- Documentaries and short films to promote aquaculture