Improving coordination and information sharing to enhance the effectiveness of development programs that have a focus on aquaculture.
- Improve exchange of information and lessons learned among donors/implementing agencies (IA) and their networks in the aquaculture sub-sector
- Improve donor/IA coordination on aquaculture development at the international level (building on local, national and regional coordination), for example to build consensus around critical or emerging issues and international processes that affect development of aquaculture sector in Malawi
- Promote a value-added and synergetic approach between national, regional and international programs
- Strengthen information sharing and exchanges among donors/IA with regard to ongoing and planned aquaculture projects and programs (serve as platform for sharing reports, papers and other information)
- Provide an enabling environment for joint efforts and activities in the sub-sector; for the identification of gaps as well as opportunities for synergies; and for the identification of and avoidance of the duplication of activities
- Organize exchanges and dialogue among donors/IA on key issues (serve as a platform for discussing policy and procedural issues within the aquaculture sub-sector)
- Promote consensus on key issues relating to aid; based on experiences and lessons learned from previous aquaculture projects.