The AquaRT operating environment will be shaped by the needs and expectations of the different stakeholders in the aquaculture sector as well as guided by two official documents; National Fisheries and Aquaculture Communications Strategy (NFACS) and National Fisheries Aquaculture Research Agenda (NFARA). It is critical that these needs and expectations are captured systematically and continuously and fed back into refining the Aquaculture Round Table. The engagement of different stakeholder aims to ensure that:
- Knowledge and experience of stakeholders in the sub-sector are captured and integrated in the AquaRT discussions
- Expectations and needs of stakeholders are comprehensively, consistently and continuously addressed and achieved
- Ownership and recognition of the AquaRT is created throughout the broad range of stakeholders
- The AquaRT is aligned with corresponding and complementary efforts already underway by government, development partners and private sector
- The knowledge and experience developed and gathered by similar initiatives in other sectors of industry are captured and integrated.